Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thor


Just got back from watching this new blockbuster so hopefully a few of you guys will be interested. In all honesty I was kind of reluctant going into Thor. I'm not a huge fan of all the superhero movies coming out but I do like the idea of the combined Avengers one that Marvel seems to be working towards and after watching both Iron Mans...well, guess I should give the whole universe a shot. Although Natalie Portman helped my decision as well.

So while I didn't go in with the openest of minds, I will say I did enjoy it. The action scenes were amazing as I knew they would be, combine that with the spectacular visuals of the other realms and this movie was very visually appealing (and this is without Portman mind you) so that alone was great. Not a movie you'd fall asleep in. I also really liked, again, the subtle notions towards the Avengers grand plot. Whether it was referring back to some scenes from Iron Man or even slight comments about the Hulk and others, very nice touch I always appreciate in movies. 

I guess my only down points to the movie would be the slowness of progression at some points. Mainly at the beginning but usually all the scenes when they were in the other world. It looked amazing..but not much going on there which kind of bored me. Another issue was some of the comedic relief...just didn't seem to bode well in some circumstances.

Overall a great continuation of the Avengers series and great Superhero movie as well.

7 out of 10 

14 comments:

lacrosseman said...

sick movie,

I really enjoyed it. It was nicely down with its own modern twist, which contributed to the excitement :)

R.C said...

I haven't watched a movie in theaters in over a year. I might see this soon. Thanks!

Mike said...

I saw this the other day in 3D. It was easily one of the best action movies I've ever seen.

CPH said...

Thanks, I'm hoping to go see this on Saturday.

Wandering said...

I'm not a huge fan of the genre but it certainly beat my expectations, though it definitely trudged through the storyline at times

Danny Murphy said...

I saw it last night, decent film well worth seeing.

Jay said...

i'm glad that many are giving this a positive review. :)

Insider33 said...

Movie was alright, nothing special, tho.

Jesuispasla8 said...

Even if i never read comics i think the ending was very short :(

Skeng said...

I really want to watch this film, I waited for it forever and now I've been too busy to see it.

LoneIslander said...

We we're thinking of seeing it but decided not to.

LunaSihne said...

Im not really into super hero movies.

Blk Jesus said...

still havent seen it been so busy but i really want to

WOODLOUSE said...

I would like to see it, I like the look of the visuals

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons